HR Generalist Position Type:
Full Time – Exempt Department:
Human Resources Location:
Hillsboro, Oregon Contact: email@example.com Company:
gearUP’s mission is to inspire and unite teams with customized gear for work and play. Everything we do at gearUP is designed to ease the burden on managers and coordinators in dealing with uniforms and apparel. gearUP is differentiated in the market via a unique eCommerce platform that enables parents, athletes, and employees to order their own items and ship direct to their home or business in two weeks or less. gearUP has been one of the fastest growing companies in the Pacific Northwest since 2018. Now is a great time to join this rapidly expanding business team! Job Description:
The HR Generalist provides Human Resources (HR) support for employee recruitment, onboarding, training, benefits administration, recordkeeping and document management, employee relations, protected leave administration, payroll, and overall governmental regulatory compliance. Frequently interacts with all levels of staff in a confidential and diplomatic environment. Responsibilities include:
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Coordinates recruitment activities, including job advertising, recruiting efforts through staffing agencies, resume screening, interview scheduling and drafting offer letters.
- Conducts new hire orientation and ensures all HR paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
- Processes employee and personnel action forms for new hires, promotions, transfers and pay changes.
- Assists with benefits administration, including new hire and open enrollments and other benefits changes.
- Maintains physical and digital employee data and documents, and enters data and maintains current information in the company’s HRIS systems and personnel files
- Prepares documentation and exit packages for employee separations and conducts exit interviews.
- Assists with protected leave administration, including documentation and leave tracking.
- Provides support for development, implementation and updating of HR policies and department processes.
- Maintains current knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Provides support to Safety Committee and assistance with safety documentation and training
- Coordinates employee engagement events and programs.
- Conducts periodic audits of employee personnel files and digital employee data.
- Coordinates employee training sessions and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is motivated by a passion for growth and learning, as well as a desire to create continued efficiency and improvement in all processes that support a rapidly growing company. Candidate will be able to deal with ambiguity in requests and need to have outstanding problem-solving skills. Skills & Qualities:
Experience & Education:
- General knowledge of federal and state employment laws and human resources practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and quick, accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to apply and communicate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent projects or assignments.
- Ability to write HR related documents and reports timely and accurately.
- Ability to analyze situations and to use independent judgement to address and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle such information appropriately.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Teams
- Experience with Payroll and Human Resources software.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a human resources role
- Minimum 2 years of college, preferably in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field - preferred.
- A combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. · SHRM-CP or PHR certification encouraged.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Viewing computer monitors for extended periods of time
- Talking, listening, and typing for extended periods of time
Gear UP offers competitive pay and benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k) Plan with match, FSA Plan, EAP Plan and product discounts.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more information on Gear Up at: www.gearupwithus.com Equal Opportunity Employer
Gear Up Sports, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.