Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Job Description Date: June 2021
Gear Up Sports was founded in 2009 on the idea that managing youth sports uniforms and apparel didn’t need to be so difficult or expensive. Our founders are parents, coaches and youth non-profit board members. Everything we do at Gear Up Sports is designed to ease the burden on youth non-profit boards in dealing with uniforms and apparel so that they can focus on what’s best for our kids…teaching life lessons through sport. Our mission is to constantly be developing processes and systems to make youth sports easier to manage.
You: Love to learn. Able to make mistakes and grow from them. When problems arise, you run toward them. When a customer needs help, you not only address their concerns, but anticipate their needs. You are as comfortable making a phone call as sending an email and can’t wait to make things right. You are a positive team member and have a genuine desire to see everyone succeed.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Gear Up is seeking a dynamic individual with experience in customer service to join our growing team in Hillsboro, OR. As our primary contact for the public and customers alike, you will be expected to provide exceptional service. You will be responsible for customer service but work collaboratively in a team focused environment.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers and team members.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide exceptional customer support.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through phone, chat and email.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing our products and processes inside and out so that you can answer any questions.
- Communicating and coordinating with production, sales, art and finance teams as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Share knowledge and workflows with new hires.
- 2+ years of customer support experience.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Comfortable using multiple applications in concert to solve issues.
- Experience providing multi-channel customer support in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Dynamics 360 suite of applications.
- This is a remote position but will require a minimum of one day per week in the offices.
- Overtime is expected during peak season periods.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Talking, listening and typing for extended periods of time.
Benefits: Gear UP offers employees paid time off, paid holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k) Plan with match, FSA Plan, EAP Plan and product discounts.
How to apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information on Gear UP go to www.gearupsports.net
Gear Up Sports, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.